Saturday, October 15, 2005

Crazy busy day. DP talking in my ear before I even opened my eyes. Ah, it's never too early in the morning to tattle.

Canned more applesauce from the apples from the gleaning group. Started baking tomatoes for baked tomato marinara sauce. Started cooking apples and water for apple butter. Apple butter is the weekend project.

The other project involves inadvertent charring of a tray of tomatoes that I had forgotten was still in the oven when I turned the oven to broil, to get ready to broil some red peppers. Then when the peppers finally made it to the oven, I was exhausted after going three rounds with the five year old at bedtime and I collapsed into a chair to watch NASCAR, forgetting all about the red jewels in the oven. OOPS. Extra treats for the garbage can tonight.

Went to PLU's homegame and got to see my nephew David play his first college game. Lots of fun. One of my other cousins was there, which was nice.

I'm just really enjoying being here. I mean, being, here. The other night my dad, the kids and I went to my other nephew's high school homecoming football game. What a hoot that was. I didn't go to a highschool with football and Canisius isn't exactly a football giant so I've really never watched a lot of football in person, much less watching the team of a family member. Now that's fun.

And maybe that's what it's all about.....and by the "all" I mean the three week vacation that's now stretched into seven months. Being here with family. Doing family stuff: painting my cousin's bedroom as a small repayment for housing our four dogs, going to everyone one of my nephew's high school football games, seeing my other nephew's college home games, having one of my nieces teach the kids in children's church. They say it's never too late to have a happy childhood. Maybe I'm finding mine. Finito

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home